Friday, October 23, 2009

Cool Hunting

I thought it was very weird that cool hunters search for people and trendsetters to find something for teenagers to follow. I don't think that is necessary for them to do that because in the long run they are finding teens that set trends, then putting it in the media, and then we copy a trend that was already going around. It surprises me that there are people who's jobs are to find what they think teens will think is cool.

I think that Big star, BKE, silvers, and other name brand jeans really targets teens. When you walk into buckle(even when I'm with my mom) they run straight to me and start asking me my sizes and having me try on jeans. They don't even acknowledge that my mom is there. They want there jeans to be on all the teens, boys and girls. They try to tell you that they fit so much better then jeans from American eagle or hollister. They make you feel like you will look so much better in there jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment